March 21, 2008

sketch #36


I made this card using this weeks sketch by Tamara! I'm constantly browsing through the beautiful cards made by her design team to get ideas. I had a duh moment "maybe I should try actually doing these sketches!" DUH!!!! So here's my take on the card layout. I tried to stick as close as I could since I wasn't that confident. I don't know what I was worried about...I'm absolutely going to be doing this every week from now on.
The base is 4"x4". The patterned and pink paper are a double sided sheet that I picked up at some point (can't remember when) and the ribbon is American Crafts country white grosgrain. The flowers and brads are making memories. That right side really isn't as crooked as it looks in the picture...I don't know what happened there.

3 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Love the card. I am so glad you decided to make one! Thanks for stopping by and using one of my sketches. I hope to see more cards from ya.

{tamara}

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...you have a great number of simple and sweet cards here!

Anonymous said...

I recognize this card! :-p LOL