March 22, 2008

ssnotime27-rounded corners



Over at No Time to Stamp? the Stamp Simply Challenge this weekend is to round corners. That's it, nothing fancy-at least not for me. This card was a "just for the heck of it". I was using the patterned paper for another card and just couldn't stop. I've used all of it. This is also the first time I've tried to add 'stitching' to a card. I guess it's not too bad for a first time, I think it will be easier with my Sakura gel pens (colors...I already have the clear ones) that I just received in the mail! I can't wait to use them. Anyway, back to the card...the base is brown CS and the "birthday wishes" sentiment is SU, stamped with Whispers ink (savoy green). The green circle is white CS that I inked with savoy green. The ink matches the dots better IRL. I know you can't see it here but each flower is outlined with clear stardust pen, as is the sentiment and the stitching...just to add a "light sparkle"; I like that the stardust pens don't add an overwhelming amount of glitter...it's subtle. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Just love your card with its fun round corners!!! Great stitching as well -- especially for a firt time -- good for you!!! It's fun to stitch!!! I'm so glad you played -- thanks so much!!!