May 02, 2008

Funky Fairy Challenge #18-recipe

This weeks Funky Fairy Challenge was a recipe:
To use 3 colours ONLY
1 piece of ribbon

3 buttons...hand made OR the real thing

AND
to use a paper punch somewhere on your design!
Here's my card! This is the first time that I've followed a "recipe" and I had some trouble with it. I tried a few different papers and a couple of different layouts and then had to walk away to get dinner ready yesterday evening (I was starting to frustrate myself anyway, so this was probably a good thing). After the girls went to bed, I sat back down and finally put this together. The pink patterned papers are from a paper pad that I bought just for all of these random patterns. The green strip is grass green shimmer cs by The Paper Company. The buttons are from my stash. The Sentiment stamp is See-D's; I first wrote over it with a lime stardust pen and then embossed it using my green glaze pen. I do believe that this will go to a good friend of mine that just moved to the Bel Air, MD area...hmmm, she's not really a pink person though so I might have to rethink that.

6 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

You've done a great job! It's a really lovely card ^.^


Thanks for joining us again this week Beth x

Karen said...

Great card! I don't consider myself a pink person either but the green on this gives it a real kick.

Thanks for joining the Funky Fairies again this week.

Simply Shaz said...

Your recipe paid off! Well done :) Its lovely! Love it :)
Thanks for joining in!
Shaz x

Jozza said...

This is a fab card! I love what you made with the recipe! Thanks for joining in with the challenge again :o)

Sue said...

What a great card, love the pink x

Lou Sims said...

Great card - fantastic twist on the recipe!

Thanks for joining in with teh Funky Fairy challenge.