May 06, 2008

Masculine Bday card

This is a card that I've made for my grandfather-in-law. Originally I was trying to really stretch my abilities and make a masculine card using last weeks FF recipe. As you can see, I didn't quite make it. I just couldn't find a way to incorporate the buttons (at least not the ones that I had on hand) into a masculine look. This is just a regular A2 size card white card base. The red cs is about 4 3/8x4 7/8 inches and heavily distressed on the edges. I attached it a little crooked b/c with all the distressing I thought it should look "thrown together". The torn stripped strip is from a 6x6 paper pad. The sentiment is a combination of SU! (the Happy) and See D's; it's stamped in mahogany ink by Whispers and is matted on a slightly larger piece of the stripped pp which I also distressed. The pewter brads are from Making Memories and the ribbon I got in a large lot that I bought on Ebay so I'm not sure what brand they are. I really love the way this came out. There's nothing too fancy about it and it will be easy for me to reproduce in the future form more men's cards!

1 comment:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

It looks great...and I'm sure he'll be delighted with it x