April 25, 2008

Card sketch #41


This is my first attempt at a round card. I've been keeping up with the sketches on Sketches {by Tamara} that I absolutely wanted to make sure I used this one too. And not just for some random stash card, I wanted it to be for someone special. Who is more special than my mommy?

The base is cheap white cs. All the patterned paper is from the Magnolia paper pack by My Minds Eye. I love these papers! The sentiment stamp is by Inkadinkado. The 'flourishes' are cut from the patterned paper b/c I didn't have anything on hand that looked quite right. I did move the middle (blue) layer to the right slightly...for some reason it just didn't look right to me when it was centered. Maybe my circle wasn't even or something! Who knows?

I do believe we're looking forward to some rain here this weekend. Hopefully the sun will show through at least a little bit so we can take the girls to the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I've never made a round card before.

Melanie said...

I love your card, very pretty, your mum will love it :)